Studio Art Quilt Associates Entry Prospectus
SAQA- NEW England
Title: No HOLDS Barred
Location: New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA
Date: February 1 – April 23, 2011
Theme: A survey showcasing the breadth and depth of work being created by SAQA artists residing in the six New England states
Jurors: To be announced at a later date
Eligibility and Guidelines:
• Artists must be current members of Studio Art Quilt Associates and reside in one of the six New England states..
• Entry is by digital images only on CD to be mailed directly to the museum.
• You may submit up to 3 entries.
• Quilts must be new work that has not been exhibited or published prior to February 1, 2011.
• Entries must be a Minimum of 6” wide and no longer than 90”.
• Artwork must meet the basic definition of a quilt, as defined by the New England Quilt Museum, and SAQA, ( see earlier posting).
• Artwork may be published in a catalog of the exhibition if sponsorship is found.
• Artists are responsible for shipping and insurance to the New England Quilt Museum (NEQM) in Lowell, MA as well as the cost of return shipping and insurance. Shipping must by either UPS or FedEx. Quilts may be dropped off at the museum.
• NEQM has an insurance policy that covers the artworks to be displayed while they are on site.
February, 2010 Call for entries
September 1, 2010 Entries can be submitted to the NEQM.
November 1, 2010 DEADLINE...You may submit up to 3 entries. Entries must be
RECEIVED at the NEQM in CD format guidelines for submissions
are provided below. This is not a postmark date, Nov.1 is the last day.
November 2-30, 2010 Jury Process
November 30, 2010 Notification of acceptance
(All notifications will be forwarded via email)
December 30, 2010 Selected Artwork must be RECEIVED at New England
Quilt Museum by close of day. Please note the Museum will
be closed during the month of January.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION – by mail, or in person
During the registration process (which open September 1, 2009) you will be asked to provide artist information, a description of each piece and to upload digital images: here is a checklist of what you will need to provide:
Artist’s First Name:
Artist’s Last Name:
Phone (include country code):
• Submit one overall DIGITAL image and one detail DIGITAL image for each piece of artwork and a written description of each piece submitted.
HOW TO SUBMIT DIGITAL IMAGES.
• Save your digital images as a high quality JPEG file (No TIFF files).
Finished image should be 1800 pixels on the longest side.
• Label each digital image with the first 2-3 words of your artwork title, no
spaces and no punctuation and indicate if detail or full. Examples:
Scarabbbeetle.full.jpg or Whylsky.detail.jpg
Information about each piece:
Materials and Techniques (25 words or less)
You will be asked to agree with these Terms and Conditions:
I agree to loan my artwork to The New England Quilt Museum. I understand that the costs of insuring and shipping my artwork are my responsibility: I further agree to permit the images of details image and/or all or part of my artist’s statement to be used in the exhibit catalog, articles, ads, promotions, books, websites, blogs, CD’s, current event news coverage, television productions, and/or multi-media productions for and about exhibit or for and about the shows at which the exhibit may be seen.
Fee: US$30 for entry of up to 3 pieces. Members must pay their fees using a personal check, or Money Order made out to the New England Quilt Museum.
Address for submitting entries: SAQA 2011
New England Quilt Museum
18 Shattuck St.
Lowell, MA 01852
PLEASE NOTE...DO NOT PUT THE WORD QUILT ANY WHERE ON YOUR PACKAGE.
This will help prevent theft.